4.24.2010

Major Catch-Up Post

As we all know, that goal to have everything up to date the other night certainly did not happen. This morning before work I uploaded all of my pictures so that I could (hopefully) write and complete the entry at work. So far, so good. These pictures are start at the beginning of March and go up until today. My camera skills have improved (which you can see on the bare nails & OPI - Malaga Wine) but the fun thing is, my camera is on it's last leg. I don't quite know why it's being ridiculous, but it is. So now I'm having to take my pictures with my phone -- at least it's better quality than my old Sidekick.


^Sally Hansen Nail Prisms - Garnet Lapis. I don't know why I didn't take more pictures of this NOTD. I love wearing this polish, and I didn't take any pictures to try and show it off.




^Wet N Wild - Caribbean Frost. Another one of my favorites. Whenever I used to look for new polish, I would always gravitate to this color family. I took the pictures with flash and without to show the depth of the color.


Sally Hansen HD - Blu, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Shooting Star, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Rockstar Pink, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Strobe Light, Nicole by OPI - Spring Romance, N.Y.C. - White Lights Glitter. (Copied from a text I sent Cheeto--) "I love N.Y.C. because it's 99cents and fits my budget and they have great bases & shimmers, those that are nothing special... I usually go to CVS for it, but I went to Target and they have N.Y.C. for 94cents! My love for Target grows more everyday." It's so true, too, their nail polish selection grows more every day. There are still times I have to go other places (and obviously my preference is CVS or in some cases Walgreens) but Target really has an array of brands and colors. As you can see from the above, I went on a crazy spree one Saturday before work. All of this polishes are some of my new favorites!


Ever since I got N.Y.C. - Love Letters, and my nails have been long, I have been obsessed with having french manicures. This NOTD is N.Y.C. - Love Letters, OPI - Malaga Wine and Sally Hansen Hard As Nails - Wine Frost over OPI. I liked the depth Malaga Wine adds to Wine Frost.




NOTD: Wet N Wild - Black Creme with N.Y.C. - Starry Silver Glitter over it. I love the way black really makes a glitter/holo pop.


One of my favorite NOTD ever is this one I did for St Patrick's Day. It's N.Y.C. - Love Letters, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Ivy League, and Nicole by OPI - Honey-Dew You Love Me?




Sally Hansen HD - Blu. I absolutely adore this color!! It takes a million coats to be opaque, but it's truly a beautiful color.



Sally Hansen HD - Blu with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Shooting Star on top. It was a great was to preserve the mani after it was a couple days old and I was getting bored.


Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Ivy League. I never would have thought I'd love such a color, but I really do! After I wore it in my St Patty's Day mani, I was anxious to wear it on it's own.



N.Y.C. - Love Letters, Victoria's Secret Very Sexy - Cocktail, N.Y.C. - White Lights Glitter & Nicole by OPI - Spring Romance. This is one of my favorite ways to spice up nails for holidays -- this was my Easter mani. I really loved it, although the hearts are a pain to get off. I'm looking for tips and tricks to make it easier. Also, I was hoping to have had China Glaze - Pool Party in my hands before Easter, because I wanted my tips to be a true pink, and this is the only color I had close to that, and it ended up being more of a coral-y color.


This is the longest I've ever had my nails. I wanted to see how long I could grow them, but it just got to be too much -- I was stabbing my dog, P & even myself. I was becoming handicapped -- couldn't take my contacts out easily anymore... plus I figured I was asking for a massive break (and most likely a hurtful one.) Therefore...


... I cut my nails. They are still long enough to do tips, but short enough to function.




OPI - Malaga Wine. First one is in the sun, second is from my camera flash. As you can tell, depending on the light, the color appears darker. I was looking for a maroon color, and unfortunately this isn't what I was looking for. I do like the color, though, so I'm happy with the purchase. Please ignore the massive chip, I had forgotten to take pictures when I first polished my nails, so this is right before I took the polish off.


Sally Hansen HD - Blu with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Rockstar Pink. I like the way the glitter made Blu look a bit more purple. I really liked this combination, though I haven't found my favorite to pair Rockstar Pink with yet.

*The next set of pictures are my favorite ways to play up my make up. The green was from St Patty's Day and the rest are using some loose glitters I've had for ages. I really love the way it looks!

















Now onto current times:

Since I've gotten China Glaze's Poolside collection in the mail, it's all I've been wearing.


China Glaze - Sun Worshipper. This color is what caused the "OMG bright nails!" reaction from most. I didn't think I'd care much for the orange, but I adore it. It made me look so tan!


China Glaze - Kiwi Cool-ada toes. I love this! I love greens, and this is no exception.


China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy. Please ignore my messy nails, I always seem to take pictures right after I polish, but never after I've cleaned them up. (I still haven't figured out how to apply polish without getting it all over my fingers.) So far, this is my favorite color. I love coral, and this is a beautiful shade.


My new China Glaze additions: Long Kiss, Sun Worshipper, Pool Party, Towel Boy Toy, Kiwi Cool-ada, Flip Flop Fantasy & Yellow Polka Dot Bikini. These colors didn't do well with the flash from my camera phone, and it was 2am so I wasn't able to utilize sunlight either. Foryoursalon.com ran out of Poolside very quickly, so they threw in a free bottle of polish -- which is why I have Long Kiss now. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks gorgeous and you can never have too many reds!


As of this moment, this is my complete collection:
Back Row (L-R): Rimmel - Denim Dreams, Sally Hansen HD - Blu, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Shooting Star, China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy, Hot Topic no name it's a blue glitter, Sally Hansen Nail Prisms - Garnet Lapis, Wet N Wild - Carribbean Frost, Nicole by OPI - Honey-Dew You Love Me?, Sinful Colors - San Fransisco, Unknown scented polish - Lime, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Ivy league, China Glaze - Kiwi Cool-Ada, China Glaze - Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Rimmel - Iced Honey, Pure Ice - Gold Mist, Unknown scented polish - Orange, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Peach Daiquiri
Middle Row (L-R): China Glaze - Sun Worshipper, China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy, Wet N Wild - Lame, N.Y.C. - Nail Glossies #213, Victoria's Secret Very Sexy - Cocktail, Unknown scented polish - Chocolate, Milani - Brown-a-licious, Unknown beige sheer/frost, China Glaze - Long Kiss, OPI - Malaga Wine, Wet N Wild Mega Last - Infatuation, Sally Hansen Hard As Nails - Wine Frost, Unknown scented polish - Berries, China Glaze - Pool Party, N.Y.C. - Love Letters, Nicole by OPI - Spring Romance
Front Row (L-R): Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Rockstar Pink, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Strobe Light, Nicole by OPI - Show You Care, Orly - Liquid Vinyl, Wet N Wild - Black Creme, Sinful Colors - What's Your Name, OPI - Take It For Granite, N.Y.C. - French White Tip, Lord & Taylor - Base Coat, Lord & Taylor - Top Coat, INM - Out The Door, OPI - Nail Strengthener, N.Y.C. - Starry Silver Glitter, N.Y.C. - White Lights Glitter.

I must say I am quite disappointed that I only have one purple! I love purple and am definitely on a mission to add new purples to my collections. The purple I have is a BEAUTIFUL deep shade and it was my NOTD several times last fall. A lot of my polish inspirations come from other people's NOTD... like that one came from Jenny Garth's character, Valerie, on What I Like About You. She wore the dark purple often and I immediately went on a search for a matching shade. I'm still on a mission for a deep maroon shade a la Judge Marilyn Milian on People's Court. I need to do some more research because I have yet to find a similar shade.

I'm excited to try my Hot Topic blue glitter over China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy, Pure Ice - Gold Mist over China Glaze - Sun Worshipper, Rimmel - Iced Honey over China Glaze - Yellow Polka Dot Bikini and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Rockstar Pink over China Glaze - Pool Party. I need to get Hot Topic purple glitter (it's gorg!) and apparently a green glitter for China Glaze - Kiwi Cool-ada. Next payday, Hot Topic is my mission -- I just love their glitters.

That's it for now! I will hopefully get my Konad in the mail soon and then I'll have a post about that!

Until then,
--bd

No comments:

Post a Comment