4.28.2010

My Konad finally arrived yesterday and I was super excited!! I made the stupid mistake of ordering from SINGAPORE so it took an eternity to get to me. I was so excited, I grabbed a bottle of polish (Wet N Wild - Black Creme) while I was hoome on lunch so that I could Konad it up at work.


The aftermath.


There was polish ALL OVER the plates. I feared it would be hard to get it off -- nope! -- easy as pie.


Examples of all of my new plates! As you can see, I had some issues with the french tip plate, but I learned that I was swiping width-wise, which caused the blade to scrape polish from the indent. I ended up swiping long-ways and it kept all of the polish in place. Good tip! Took me a few tries for the lightbulb to click on, though, haha.


P promised me when I originally found out about Konad that she would let me put skulls on her nails. Well, she only let me put one skull on one nail, but we'll work on that! (Plate m28)


China Glaze - Kiwi Cool-ada toes with China Glaze - Sun Worshiper pineapples! Even up close, you can't really see a good pineapple. I'm going to have to work on proper application, because my toenails are kind of curved and make it hard to get a flat design on them. (Plate m29)



China Glaze - Towel Boy Toy with China Glaze - Yellow Polka Dot Bikini flowers and China Glaze - Pool Party hibiscus' on my ring fingers. I figured YPDB would be too bright and too thin for it to show up on my nails really well, so I'm not super disappointed with how it came out. It's probably better that they are hardly visible since I struggled a bit trying to figure out exactly where on my nail to put the design. I'm VERY happy with the PP hibiscus' -- especially since it was a last minute decision to use a different color. They applied well, also, which was nice! I think being a first time Konad-er, I did a pretty decent job. (Plate m29)


Last night's aftermath from my first Konadicure!



Sunlight pictures of my Konadicure. Still not fantastic, but I like it!

I'm upset that in the last three days I've had THREE nails break -- and I had two breaks on one nail!! That's why my nails are so short. It also makes it hard to put any really good design on my nail since I can only put about half on it on my nail. Luckily my nails grow fairly quickly, so I hope I can experiment more soon. I already have an idea for my next Konadicure, hopefully I'll be able to do that tomorrow. One thing I do adore about the Poolside collection is that the polish dries incredibly quickly. I'm typically not a fan of matte polishes but I really like the colors even without top coat. It saves so much time!

Until next time
--bd

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Konading. Glad to see you got into it. I just found your blog so I'm following.
    Can't wait to see more,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. why on earth is taking you so long to update your damn blog??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie!! Thank you for following! I'm sorry that once you decided to follow, I stopped posting. I've now vowed to update far more often, so expect to see more from me. Hope you like it! =) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    Awesome! Can't wait to see more posts. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete