9.15.2010

Comparison Post

Ahh, my first comparison post! I feel like I'm finally legit -- I have enough polishes I'm finding what may be dupes! (And yes, I am lame, haha.)

Before I continue, I must apologize at how horrible these pictures are!!! Not only is my mani pretty sloppy (which I didn't notice until I reviewed the pictures and had already changed my mani), but this camera is horrid! It seems remarkably worse on this comparison pictures than on any other pictures I've taken. You really can't see what I'm talking about, so I'm sorry! I'm looking at cameras now and hope to get one in the next couple of weeks. I can't keep doing this.




This is China Glaze - Ruby Pumps (in earlier posts I called it Ruby Red Pumps... whoops!) & Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Red Carpet. The bottles are actually reverse of how my nails are painted. Ruby Pumps is on my middle and pinky & Red Carpet is on my pointer and ring fingers. I was really hoping I'd found the polish that made me say "Ruby Pumps who?" but alas, I cannot. Though the differences are minor, I've come to the conclusion that nothing can compare. Ruby Pumps has more depth in color, and more glitter (ever so slightly, I may add.) I think Red Carpet would be great over another red to help deepen it's color. Overall, if you're looking for something similar to Ruby Pumps and possibly more accessible, definitely go for Red Carpet; it's a great red glitter. If you're like me and fell in love with Ruby Pumps the second you saw the promo, I would suck it up and just purchase it -- nothing will ever live up to it's amazingness.

(A very special THANK YOU to Cheeto for letting me borrow Ruby Pumps! Now I must purchase my own!)






I'm completely shocked by this comparison. When I originally thought that NYC - Fifth Avenue was a dupe to Milani - Brown-a-licious, I came home and compared the bottles. There was a slight difference, Milani looked a slight shade darker than NYC -- I knew they're be a difference, but I didn't expect this much of a difference. Milani is on my pinky & middle fingers; NYC on ring & pointer. Now I'm REALLY glad I got Fifth Avenue! I really like the color, and it's different than any other brown I have. It was definitely worth the $1.20 I paid for it!

(Yes I am aware that the video is upside down... I was using my left hand and clearly ended up being backwards. I like to keep you on your toes! (; )

This concludes my first comparison post! Next time, I promise to have better photos!

--bd

No comments:

Post a Comment