9.09.2010

NOTD - Mani & Pedi


This is a picture of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Deep Purple from yesterday's post. This is my new base & top coat combined. It's Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Plus - Base & Top Coat. I was looking for a cheap one while I was out, and this works amazingly. I have yet to actually try Seche Vite, but everyone's raving about it -- especially my friend & fellow blogger: Cheeto. On my next Sally's or Target run, I'll probably pick it up.





This was a completely random purchase while randomly in Fashion Bug. I saw it and HAD to have it. I don't know what it is about silvers, but I adore them. This is aptly named "Silver". It dries in no time at all, this is about 3 coats. I don't usually use a base or top coat with it, so it chips fairly easily. It's a "soft" polish, you can take one of your nails to the polish and it qill scrape right off. Regardless of the fairly short wear time, I'm in love. It can also handle multiple coats to fix blemishes or fill in chips; it's very thin.



N.Y.C. - French White Tip, Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Plus - Base & Top Coat, China Glaze - Sun Worshipper & Pure Ice - Gold Mist. Please ignore the awkward photo of my toes, I can't seem to get a decent picture of them, ever. This pedi didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, but once it dried it looked better than I expected it to. I like the shimmer Gold Mist adds to Sun Worshipper.

I'm going to start a series of manis that are based on polishes that I think are great for layering -- mainly sparkle/glitter polish over solids. My pedi was the first of these, and it was one I've been wanting to do for a long time. I don't know why I really wanted it as a pedi, but I did. Also as an experiment I'm going to update daily the condition of my pedi because Cheeto voiced how she was perplexed how long her pedis last compared to manis.

After my sparkle/glitter/layering series is complete, I'll get back to swatching the rest of my collection in color sets like I started when I started this blog. THEN hopefully I'll be in a place where I can start stalking up on polishes and swatching new fabulous polishes I pick up & will do more Konad experimenting.

Enjoy!
--bd

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I neeeeeed that Fashion Bug polish!!! Like seriously. Need. I dont't even know where there is a fashion bug by me - but I'll make the trip out to Brandon/Wesley Chapel if need be. Damn it looks so shiny! I love shiny things! (You know - bc I'm so easily distracted. lol)

    On a side note - the Sally Hansen Maximum Growth base/top coat made me want to rip my hair out. But that just goes to show that polish reacts to everyone differently. For me, it never dried. I could paint my nails 4 hours before I went to bed a still have sheet marks! And it would dent for days! But with Seche seriously bone dry in 5 minutes. I'm not kidding either! Sometimes Ill forget and accidentally bump into something right after i do my nails and be like noooooooooo but when I look at them - pristine! cause they've already dried. But I have been meaning to try the Diamont TC everyone raves about. Apparently its like Seche, but better. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing??? Did they close the one by Bealls on 50? I got this at the one in Brandon. It's SUPER shiny -- I love it.

    That's insane you had so much trouble with it! I LOVE it -- it dries soooo quickly for me! I definitely need to try Seche though. There's something better than, Seche? WOW, that's pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete