3.17.2011

Happy St Patty's Day!

I can't believe it's been a year since I posted my search for the pot o' gold. My mani for last year's St Patrick's Day is featured here.

I went with the same sort of theme (hey, I spent a lot of time searching for this stuff last year!) but I did a spin on it. For the tips, I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Going Green, NYC - Love Letters (French Manicure) [of course], with Nicole by OPI - Honey-Dew You Love Me?, and NYC - White Lights Glitter for added glitter. Also, this year I used Konad to apply my french tips, so it's not as gloopy and uneven as it was previously.

Each heart on my pointer - pinky fingers is in a different direction to show the sides of a four-leaf clover, then my thumb has four together to make a clove, with a green rhinestone in the middle. I really love it. I just wish that Love Letters wouldn't dry weird by my cuticle and then chips off. I'm still learning the ropes on that one.


Flash -- before the enhancements.


Sunlight.


Sunlight again.


Shade.


Close-up of the thumb detail.


That's all for today! Hope everyone is having a fun and safe St Patty's Day!!

--bd

No comments:

Post a Comment